Roasted Cod, Cauliflower, and Potatoes
- 1 lb. of cod fillet
- 1 bunch of cauliflower
- 12-15 small red potatoes
- 2 cloves of elephant garlic (or 4-6 cloves of regular garlic)
- lots of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil (optional)
- grated romano cheese (as a garnish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut up the bunch of cauliflower but not too small. Rinse under cold water, then set aside to dry (or dry with a paper towel). Cut the potatoes in half.
- Place the cauliflower and potatoes cut side up on a large baking tray with sides. Drizzle with lots of olive oil, then sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Put the tray in the oven and roast for about 40 minutes.
- Flip all the vegetables over so that the cut side is now down, then put back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove tray and spread vegetables to the sides of the pan creating a big hole in the middle.
- Place the cod fillet in the middle, sprinkle with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put back into the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip the fillet over (you may want to toss some of the vegetables around if they look like they might be crisping up too quickly). Add some freshly chopped basil (dried basil is fine too), then roast for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve right away. Sprinkle some grated romano cheese on top for an extra little kick.
I’ve also made this with other vegetables like butternut squash and brussel sprouts. Enjoy!